Free Money at FusionCash!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blog discovery:: Ziggy's Blog

I recently came across a powerful blog that I'd like to share with you. It's called Ziggy's Blog: A Resource for Parents of Tweens and Teens! This blog addresses a lot of the teen trends going on out there that parents may or may not be aware of in their children's lives! Things from bullying and depression, to abuse and date rape. I found a lot of helpful posts, including "10 signs of an abusive boyfriend" and " Are you raising a 'Mean Girl?'" This blogger really tackles the sensitive issues that really should be discussed between parents and their teen (or tween).

There are also off-topic posts that I found to be educational and some that are uplifting, such as a post answering to the myths of organ donation and another asking readers to take the "Positive Pledge" for those people with too much negativity in their lives.

At the beginning of this post, when I described this blog as "powerful", I meant it. It really got me thinking about how I am going to address the issue of these teen trends when my son gets older. He's only 4 now so I have some time to prepare myself, but with the speed that children are growing up these days, I may not have as much time as I think!  This blog is a must-read for parents of tweens and teens!


Until next time,

Hugs,




No comments:

Post a Comment