Free Money at FusionCash!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Our trip to Exploration Acres- A review!

This past Sunday my family, including myself, husband, son, my mom and dad, my sister, brother-in-law, and their children, my niece and my nephew, went to a place called Exploration Acres. It's located about 5 miles South of Lafayette, Indiana. Exploration Acres is primarily a pumpkin patch where you can go to pick your pumpkins for Halloween! They also boast about 7 miles worth of corn mazes broken up into 5 different areas. There is also a Country Store where you can buy local jams and jellies, honey, home decor, and souvenir t-shirts. The kids were most excited about the kids area we read about on their website, http://www.explorationacres.com.  Admission is $9.00 for adults(13+), $7.00 for Seniors(65+), $6.00 for children(ages 6-12), and Free for children 5 and under. They are open from August 26-October 30 every year on Fridays 6pm-11pm, Saturdays 10am-11pm, and Sundays 12pm-7pm. There are $2.00 off admission coupons available at the Lafayette Visitors Bureau. If you give them a call at (765) 447-9999 they will mail you as many coupons as you need!



Pay no attention to the timestamps on these pictures! LOL I obviously didn't update my camera before we left!

This is my son J at the entrance to Exploration Acres! He was so excited to be here!



My nephew T and my son J climbing on a giant haystack. This was in the children's area, and the boys and my niece played on this, jumping in the hay and burying each other for quite awhile! They had a blast!



My brother-in-law took my niece M on a pedal cart ride! These are the big carts for the adults to ride. There are also tricycle pedal carts for the little ones!



My husband and my son shooting off the corn cannon. There was a target about 50 yards away, and if you hit the target you would win a 2-liter of Root Beer. Whereas all the other activities were included in the admission price, the corn cannon cost $1.00 for 3 shots.



This is my mom,  my son, nephew, and my dad (in the background) walking through one of the shorter corn mazes. We were given a map and a punch card, and were told to find numbered checkpoints throughout the maze. Once you found a checkpoint, there was a hole-puncher to punch your card in the designated numbered area. Once you were done, you turned your punch card in at the General Store to receive coupons for local businesses based on the number of punches you had. I got coupons for free kid's meals at Bob Evans and buy one get one free coupons for Dairy Queen.



My son J out in the pumpkin patch looking for just the right pumpkin for him!



3 exhausted kids, dirty faces and all, after a long fun-filled day at Exploration Acres!

If you have any questions before visiting Exploration Acres, give them a call during business hours at 765.296.2863 or email them at mary@explorationacres.com.

I hope you have as much fun as we did!




Hugs,


Tammy H.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to take the kids to this place, but I think I'm running out of time!

    ReplyDelete