Free Money at FusionCash!

Monday, November 21, 2011

How to Catch Happy- A book review

<a style="display: none;" href="http://www.tomoson.com/?code=TOPd63bf8504d5367cd369aac62b0c28b21"><span></span></a>

Lately, I've been thinking about my life in general and asking myself the question, Am I truly happy? Truthfully, the answer is no. Now don't get me wrong, I am not unhappy with my husband or my precious son! Those aspects of my life are fine! I just haven't been happy with the fact that I've lost interest in alot of the activities that used to make me truly happy! I got the opportunity to review the book "How to Catch Happy-A Guide to Reeling in the Biggest Fish of All" by Jim F. Kukral, and I wasn't exactly sure if I would like the book or if I would relate to it in any way.

Jim starts out by explaining that the premise of his book was basically how to pursue what you want in life, whether it be happiness or whatever it is that you are after. He uses alot of fishing metaphors because that's the thing that makes him happy! In the first chapter I started to think that maybe this book would pertain to me more than I thought! Mr. Kukral goes on to say that it took a profound event in his life to open his eyes to the fact that he had been looking for happiness the wrong way. He had been focusing more on making money than doing things that made him happy! He said something in this first chapter that really hit me. He said "According to the Wall Street Journal, millionaires need $7.5 million to feel “wealthy”.
 Is that all? I think the more interesting question would be how much money would they
need to feel happy?" So, money can't buy happiness? That's a darned good thing because half the time I can't afford even a smile! LOL

The author goes on to talk about 3 other men in the final 3 chapters who all come from different walks of life and different circumstances. They all have the same problem though. They were unhappy. They all found their happiness in something as simple as going fishing! Now, I don't fish, never really liked to fish, but the underlying message made alot of sense to me. I need to get back to basics and find my happiness! Activities that I used to love and that made me happy, I've just kind of forgotten about them!

This book was definitely not the kind of book I would normally read, but I'm glad I did! It just goes to show that you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover! Literally!

If you would like to purchase the book, you can order it from Amazon.com.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com.. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Until next time.

Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Something you said in this post reminded me of a quote I saw. "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy marshmallows, which is close enough."

    LOL

    ReplyDelete